The Safety Programs of the Veteran of Foreign Wars continues to provide and promote programs designed to safeguard our communities. This long-standing commitment to safety has grown through the years to include every possible program or event associated with safeguarding people. The six basic categories in the National Program are as follows:
1. HIGHWAY SAFETY: Any activity intended to improve individual driving skills and awareness or activities associated with improving safety in our vehicles and on our roadways.
2. PEDESTRIAN SAFETY: Any worthwhile activity intended to improve individual awareness and visibility or non-motorized vehicle riding skills, awareness and responsibility
3. RECREATIONAL SAFETY: Any organized activity associated with improving the skills and responsibilities of those individuals engaged in recreational activities with children and adults.
4. HOME/FIRE SAFETY: Activities designed to promote and inform individuals within the community about protecting their homes, possessions and lives are reportable.
5. DRUG AWARENESS: Any program designed to inform and protect your community from the influence of substance abuse including prescription drugs.
6. RECOGNITION/OTHER: A program to bring public recognition to the people of the community who spend their work day protecting the lives and property. Recognizing the heroism/or safety achievements of individuals
in the community.
Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.
It is not unseemly for a man to die fighting in defense of his country.
Nobody, as long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life, is without trouble.
Golden Rule Publishing Company will again have Sales Representatives in areas throughout the state of Illinois. They will also be contacting local businesses to sell advertisement space in Convention Program Book, Voice of Democracy Book, and the Fall Program Conference Book. If you need to Contact Golden Rule Publishing, you may call them 1-800-433-4680 or 317-897-6704.Click here for a copy of a letter to display in your Post. Please share with your members.
Veterans Aid and Attendance Benefit - Click here for more InformationWee have just added a new item to the Resources tab. We now have Job Listings. Take a look and let us know what you think or if you know of someone looking to hire Veterans, let them know that we do post jobs.