The Safety Programs of the Veteran of Foreign Wars continues to provide and promote programs designed to safeguard our communities. This long-standing commitment to safety has grown through the years to include every possible program or event associated with safeguarding people. The six basic categories in the National Program are as follows:
1. HIGHWAY SAFETY: Any activity intended to improve individual driving skills and awareness or activities associated with improving safety in our vehicles and on our roadways.
2. PEDESTRIAN SAFETY: Any worthwhile activity intended to improve individual awareness and visibility or non-motorized vehicle riding skills, awareness and responsibility
3. RECREATIONAL SAFETY: Any organized activity associated with improving the skills and responsibilities of those individuals engaged in recreational activities with children and adults.
4. HOME/FIRE SAFETY: Activities designed to promote and inform individuals within the community about protecting their homes, possessions and lives are reportable.
5. DRUG AWARENESS: Any program designed to inform and protect your community from the influence of substance abuse including prescription drugs.
6. RECOGNITION/OTHER: A program to bring public recognition to the people of the community who spend their work day protecting the lives and property. Recognizing the heroism/or safety achievements of individuals
in the community.
I prefer liberty with danger than peace with slavery.
To be is to do.
Posts and Districts that took the Department Calendars on consignment should send the money and stubs for sold calendars to Department Headquarters prior to the first of the year if possible.